This is basically a giant filing cabinet for various articles, presentations and other ephemera I’ve written over the years. I get briefly sad when links to the websites of publications I used to write for, or former employers, stop working. So I figured I should be responsible for maintaining my own links.
This site isn’t meant to be comprehensive — it’s just the stuff I feel better being findable than not. I’m starting with some old Raygun pieces from the 1990s that were never online so far as I know, and all the presentations I gave at the wonderful Pop Conference in the 2000s. I plan to add more as time allows.
Random biographical facts in case you were wondering:
- Born in the ’60s
- First Clash record pretty much served as a beacon for what I should be doing (whether that meant making music, or making people hear more music)
- Formed a band called Too Much Joy in high school, recorded a bunch of records, toured for a decade or so
- Got caught up in late-’90s dot-com/online music boom
- Helped build Rhapsody and Google Play
- Still recording with the guitar player from TMJ in a group called Wonderlick
- Currently heading up a company called Freeform
- Married, with kid
- There is no God
Needless to say (although I have learned one is still better served by saying it), none of the writings here represent the opinions of any employers, past or present, nor the publications in which they originally appeared. A few of the writings here no longer represent my own opinions any more, for that matter.